The Origins of the D Cookbook

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 5 18:01:59 PDT 2016

On Friday, 5 August 2016 at 22:07:11 UTC, A D dev wrote:

> Can anyone who likes and uses D contribute to the blog, or is
> it only for, say, core D team members? and if the former, are
> there any kinds of posts that you are looking for or prefer?

There are two goals behind the blog: to market D to the world at
large and to let users know what's going on in the community.
Interesting content that furthers either goal is always welcome,
but I make no promises to publish any and all submissions.

If you've got a D project you'd like to discuss, I'm open to
putting together a project highlight [1]. If you've got a
specific technical challenge you overcame in D that you'd like to
write about, then a guest post like this one [2] would be really
nice to see. And we can discuss any other type of content you
have in mind.

You can send ideas to aldacron at gmail.com and I'll let you know.
For the record, most of the content so far has come from me
bothering people. A couple of posts were at Andrei's suggestion.
Only two others have contacted me out of the blue with ideas. I
said yes to both, which should result in two posts in the coming
weeks. So the acceptance rate so far is 100% :)

[1] http://dlang.org/blog/category/project-highlights/
[2]
http://dlang.org/blog/2016/06/16/find-was-too-damn-slow-so-we-fixed-it/