Autotesting dub packages with dmd nightly

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 7 16:08:34 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 16 July 2016 at 20:34:49 UTC, Sebastiaan Koppe wrote:
> I am aiming really low at first, but will eventually add things
> like memory usage, history, notifications, etc.

I actually don't think this makes sense. You're not in the
position to maintain 1K+ packages, it's the library owners that
need to test their code.
Just this short list I'm using for the project tester is hardly
maintainable.
https://github.com/MartinNowak/project_tester (uses Jenkins, no
need to write yet another CI).

I've already thought about many different aspects of this and
here are the 2 things that are useful and might work out.

- Implement a tester that runs for every PR (just the other
testers) and tests the most popular/important dub packages. Once
a day is not enough b/c will feel responsible for breakages, we
really need feedback before merging.

- Show test results of various CIs on code.dlang.org. Testing a
dub package on Travis-CI is already a no-brainer. For example the
following .travis.yml would test a package against all dmd
release channels.

```yaml
language: d
d: [dmd, dmd-beta, dmd-nightly]