Running a D game in the browser

Sebastien Alaiwan via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 7 22:29:45 PDT 2016

On Friday, 5 August 2016 at 13:18:38 UTC, Johan Engelen wrote:
> That patch doesn't look too bad.
> Could you introduce a CMake option for building with
> Emscripten-fastcomp?
> And a #define "LDC_LLVM_EMSCRIPTEN" or something like that, so
> that you can change `#if LDC_LLVM_VER >= 309 && 0` to `#if
> LDC_LLVM_VER >= 309 && !LDC_LLVM_EMSCRIPTEN`.
>
> Should be mergable into LDC master then!

I could definitely formalize things a bit, but any patch of this
kind would quickly be obsolete, as Emscripten catches up with
LLVM versions.
Moreover, I don't feel comfortable polluting LDC with the
specificities of some obscure use case (as cool as this use case
can be!).

It might be preferable - though harder - to patch Emscripten so
it aligns on LLVM official API versions.