unit-threaded v0.6.26 - advanced unit testing in D with new features

Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 8 00:23:17 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 6 August 2016 at 01:50:15 UTC, Øivind wrote:
> On Friday, 5 August 2016 at 15:31:34 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
>> https://code.dlang.org/packages/unit-threaded
>>
>> What's new:
>> . Mocking support. Classes, interfaces and structs can be
>> mocked (see README.md or examples)
>> . Shrinking support for property-based testing, but only for
>> integrals and arrays
>> . Bug fixes
>>
>> Enjoy!
>>
>> Atila
>
> Thanks!
>
> I have started using unit_threaded, and love it.
>
> The other day, I was thinking about how to run tests optimally.
> Not sure if you are doing this at the moment.
>
> For every test-run, you could record the time each individual
> test takes. You could then give two options for running the
> tests:
> 1) Fast tests first, to quickly see if things look ok
> 2) Slow tests first, trying to optimize total runtime
>
> Test-times would have to be recorded in a file between runs in
> order to achieve this. Would also be nice to print the time
> used by each test next to the tests.
>
> -Øivind

In my case, unit tests are fast by definition. If I use
unit-threaded for integration tests (which I've done), then those
are in a separate package and I can just select which tests to
run that way. If organising by package is too much hassle, you
can tag tests now as well:

@Tags("slow") unittest { ... }

And then don't run those with the `~@slow` command-line option.

Atila