Autotesting dub packages with dmd nightly

Sebastiaan Koppe via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 10 11:35:03 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 10 August 2016 at 10:32:24 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
> We want better ranking of dub packages (mostly by download, but
> for sure also showing CI results [ยน]).

I was also thinking about integrating results from CI builds that
packages do themselves. But there is some 'impedance mismatch':
those CI build are done on the master branch, not on the latest
release that is on code.dlang.org.

> Is it already usable?

Short answer: No.

I am currently test running it on all packages against the 10
latest dmd releases (I have done 6k packages on and off since 2
days ago). But I am running into vibe.d issues/missing features.
Things like not being able to use gzip with requestHttp (let
alone with a RestInterfaceClient), invalid internal state with
the http client pool on interrupting requests, and some other
things.

Also, I am writing a PR for vibe.d to send http request to unix
sockets.

> How to deploy then?

For the worker it's just a docker container. But until the unix
sockets PR is done you do have to setup the docker daemon to
listen on the docker0 interface.

> I need to test
> https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pull/1602 and otherwise have
> to resetup my project tester for that.

I am using digger to build dmd, so adding in the pull request is
trivial. I do need to adjust internals to properly handle it
though.

But alas, family is coming over so don't expect anything anytime
soon.

> Yes, but from past experience we know that people don't look at
> results, if you don't make it part of PR acceptance.

So true. Then I will do PR's first.