DIP1000: Scoped Pointers

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 11 13:07:55 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 11 August 2016 at 19:59:22 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
> Any chance the proposal authors could add some examples of how
> scope could affect class/struct fields which borrow data by
> reference (meaning the class/struct instance should not escape
> the scope of the input data)?

Some context for my interest here:
https://forum.dlang.org/post/jvgguodpfuaicsvplcgp@forum.dlang.org

TL;DR is, I think that this functionality potentially unlocks a
solution for how to implement really effective and safe solutions
for range-based random number functionality (both memory-safe and
statistically safe).