Autotesting dub packages with dmd nightly

Sebastiaan Koppe via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 22 13:44:05 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 10 August 2016 at 18:35:03 UTC, Sebastiaan Koppe
wrote:
> So true. Then I will do PR's first.

I finally got around implementing running dmd/druntime/phobos
pull requests against all dub packages. Thank you digger, for
making it so easy.

I did a run of master + druntime#1602. Then I ran a comparison
with a batch from 2.071.2-b2. 108 packages had a different build
result. I have no nice stats or pictures, but a quick glance over
the raw data:

50 of them went from green unittests to a dmd exit code 1.
16 went from unknown build results to dmd exit code 1.
10 went from dmd exit code 255 to 1
9 of them are now green.
8 of them went from linker errors to a dmd exit code 1.
6 of then went from non-zero exit code during unittest run to a
dmd exit code 1.
3 previous ran out of memory but now resulted in dmd exit code 1.
etc.

All in all I think +/- 96 package are affected. A little over 11%.