[GSoC] Mir.random.flex - Generic non-uniform random sampling

Seb via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 23 10:03:35 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 23 August 2016 at 16:54:18 UTC, Johan Engelen wrote:
> On Tuesday, 23 August 2016 at 13:01:29 UTC, Seb wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 23 August 2016 at 12:12:30 UTC, Seb wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> I fixed that and also added how many samples were generated
>>> per run (10M), thanks!
>>
>> Btw I quickly added the run-time for C++ (for G++ and clang++
>> with -O3)
>
> I think you should add compiler/runtimelib versions for all
> measurements, and all relevant flags.
> I'm happy to see you are using LDC for benchmarking;

What else? ;-)

> don't  forget to mention the LLVM version for LDC's version.

Oh that's at the header of the benchmark script:

https://github.com/libmir/mir/blob/master/benchmarks/flex/normal_dist.d

I excluded it from the post to avoid visual noise as I thought
that the ones that are interested will check it anyhow.

> You already wrote `-O3` for the C++ measurements,

Now that I added the flags for C++  directly in the script it
probably got very confusing. Sorry, I will replace C++ flags with
a link to the benchmark soon.

> did you not use -mcpu=native or some other performance changing
> flags?

See the benchmark file above.