[GSoC] Mir.random.flex - Generic non-uniform random sampling

Seb via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 23 16:31:52 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 23 August 2016 at 22:48:31 UTC, Stefan wrote:
> Seb, this is awesome!

Thanks :)

> On Monday, 22 August 2016 at 15:34:47 UTC, Seb wrote:
>> http://blog.mir.dlang.io/random/2016/08/19/intro-to-random-sampling.html
>
> code samples with too long lines do not render appropriate on
> my browsers. (current chrome on linux and a pretty outdated
> firefox on windows :) )
>
> Taking this example:
>
>   S sample(S, RNG, Pdf, Hat, HatInv, Squeeze)(ref RNG gen, Pdf
> pdf, Hat hat,
>       HatInv hatInvCDF, Squeeze sq)
>   {
>
> Then the second line of parameters does not render at all.

It was a weird white-space issue. Thanks for letting me know!
I fixed it and it now looks normal on the "latest, greatest"
Chromium, FF and Chrome on Android:

http://blog.mir.dlang.io/random/2016/08/19/intro-to-random-sampling.html#rejection-with-inversion
http://blog.mir.dlang.io/random/2016/08/19/intro-to-random-sampling.html#squeeze-functions

> Will definitly play around with your code!

Don't hesitate to ping me / us with any questions

-> https://github.com/libmir/mir/issues