yet another event loop

Johnjo Willoughby via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 29 01:39:46 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 27 August 2016 at 05:20:40 UTC, Bill Hicks wrote:
> On Friday, 26 August 2016 at 14:19:55 UTC, Eugene Wissner wrote:
>> On Friday, 26 August 2016 at 10:54:17 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
>>> The person you responded to is a troll that has been
>>> cluttering the forum. No need to even read what they are
>>> posting.
>>
>> Didn't know it, thanks
>
> Don't listen to him, he's trying to sharpen your mind.
>
> If you don't want to use a famous name, then at least use a
> non-female name.  The sad reality is that most guys in the
> industry perceive females as inferior, so using a name like
> 'tanya' will have a poor effect on your project.  You want to
> reach as many minds as possible, regardless of how good or bad
> your library is, so pick a manly name.

The name should reflect what you're doing, the service, the
quality. I mean sure using the Bill Hicks moniker will get you
attention at the start, but people will quickly realise it's a
scam, you're advertising 28 days matured sirloin but giving them
shoe leather soaked in piss.

F - Must try harder.