Eclipse Paho D Library (finally) started

Frank Pagliughi via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 31 13:32:06 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 31 August 2016 at 18:06:07 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
> Are you aware of this?
> https://github.com/atilaneves/mqtt

I had a vague idea of one or two similar projects underway. But
90% of the code I just posted was written in early 2015. The
initial delay getting it published was with the Eclipse legal
process which dragged on for a few months, and just as it was
done, they decided to move their development to GitHub. By that
time I wasn't doing anything with D or MQTT, and the inertia died.

The idea from the beginning was do a fairly quick/simple wrapper
library around the Paho C library, which would get the D version
feature-complete and fully compliant in short time. Then the idea
was to move on to a full D implementation for version 2.0. If
there were any interest.

So this version doesn't do any of its own I/O; that's left to the
C layer. Thus it doesn't require - and I'm not sure how it could
be made compatible with - vibe.d

And originally I believe the Eclipse folks had wanted to keep
external libraries to a minimum, but now exceptions to the rule
seem to be the norm. So using vibe.d would probably be fine,
assuming no license issues.