Andrei on the new D Foundation Scholarships

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 5 20:16:44 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 6 December 2016 at 01:08:19 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 12/5/2016 5:36 AM, Mike Parker wrote:

> I took the liberty of posting the above to the reddit topic.
>
> As always, postings on reddit will get less than half of the
> potential traction unless there's a comment explaining why the
> user should bother to click on the associated link.
>
> Your excellent work is wasted unless this is done :-(

Thanks. I've noticed that when I leave such comments they
initially get a number of upvotes, but in some cases they get
downvoted over time. So now I've taken to only leaving them on
posts where I can't come up with an obvious title for the reddit
link. I have no way to say what sort of impact it has on traffic
from reddit, though. Certain types of posts get more than others
and I can't see any correlation with explanatory comments.