Getters/setters generator

Mike Bierlee via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Dec 10 19:15:55 PST 2016

On Sunday, 11 December 2016 at 02:17:18 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Saturday, 10 December 2016 at 20:25:05 UTC, Mike Bierlee
> wrote:
>> On Friday, 9 December 2016 at 10:27:05 UTC, Eugene Wissner
>> wrote:
>>> It would generate 2 methods "num": one to set num_ and one to
>>> get its value.
>>
>> It would be great if you could generate @properties instead. I
>> like the more natural way of accessing those instead of
>> getters/setters.
>
> What are properties if not "getters" and "setters"? From the
> original post: "It would generate 2 methods "num": one to set
> num_ and one to get its value."
>
> Two methods named "num". No "get" or "set" in sight.

I was under the impression that you could only access methods as
if they were fields using the @property attribute. After
carefully reading the documentation I see this is not the case
(UFCS does this). Still there are some added benefits from using
@property to completely threat them as fields. It would be nice
if you could add @property to the generated getters/setters.