DIP 1003: remove `body` as a keyword

Basile B. via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 15 07:31:40 PST 2016

On Sunday, 11 December 2016 at 20:27:36 UTC, Meta wrote:
> On Sunday, 11 December 2016 at 11:33:40 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
>> DIP 1003 is faddish. It would really be better to have a
>> system that would allow any keyword to be used as identifier.
>> An escape system is the key.
>
> It would also guarantee that the DIP would not be accepted.
> With this DIP I aimed

Sorry in a previous post there's been a confusion from my part, I
thought the author was "Cauterite".

> for the smallest possible change that would alleviate the
> problem of not being able to use `body` as a symbol name,
> hoping that the smallness of the problem and ease of
> implementation would make it much more likely to be accepted.

I won't insist too much but to be clear, the escape solution is
incredibly simple to implement (7 SLOC !). I've decided to go
further in order to demonstrate it:

https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/6324