Milestone - DMD front end is now 100% D!

Ilya Yaroshenko via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 15 09:43:12 PST 2016

On Thursday, 15 December 2016 at 14:40:55 UTC, Rikki Cattermole
wrote:
> On Thursday, 15 December 2016 at 14:14:41 UTC, Ilya Yaroshenko
> wrote:
>> On Thursday, 15 December 2016 at 13:46:36 UTC, Stefan Koch
>> wrote:

>>> What for ?
>>> Are you using the compiler frontend ?
>>> And the frontend is not only using the betterC subset.
>>> So you could not be using it right now.
>>
>> Yes, I hope I will be able to use ldc/gdc on new targets,
>> which do not have DRuntime.
>
> There is nothing wrong with dmd then.
> Most of the code related to -betterC is in the glue code which
> means you need to bug the ldc and gdc devs. Either way, if they
> don't have a working druntime don't expect codegen to be valid
> for said target.

If  DMD FE is a betterC library, then DRuntime is not required to
build a betterC D program with LDC/GCC, is no it?