Many documentation examples can now be run online

Seb via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 23 22:55:37 PST 2016

On Saturday, 24 December 2016 at 06:08:49 UTC, Saurabh Das wrote:
> On Saturday, 24 December 2016 at 00:04:54 UTC, Seb wrote:
>> Hehe, that's already in the queue:
>>
>> https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/pull/1529
>
> This is really wonderful. An excellent feature for new users –
> lowers the cost of "just try it out".
>
> Feedback:

Thanks for your feedback :)

> 1. It will be aesthetically better if the edit/run buttons are
> inside the code box, say just inside the right top corner.

Sure - that should be fairly trivial.

> 2. Could we add a "open in an external website/new window"
> icon/button (for example:
> http://findicons.com/files/icons/2315/default_icon/256/open_in_new_window.png ) to open the example in say a dpaste window or an equivalent playground.

Yes, that would be pretty nice to have.
Unfortunately the maintainer of DPaste has been quite
unresponsive in the past, so it's not possible with DPaste (e.g.
we would need a simple POST API which returns a URL).
If someone is planning to reboot sth. like DPaste (e.g. with DUB
support, fast caches, ...), please let us know!