Project Highlight: Voxelman

jkpl via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Dec 31 06:22:40 PST 2016

On Saturday, 31 December 2016 at 13:27:13 UTC, MrSmith wrote:
> On Saturday, 31 December 2016 at 11:48:34 UTC, jkpl wrote:
>> I don't blame your personally but the last time a blog post
>> presented a game (it was the one made by the author of dlib)
>> there was also a similar problem. Were you aware that
>> something gonna be posted and that necessarily people would
>> try to build it ?
>
> I haven't really got to building the whole thing on linux. For
> full functionality it needs LMDB, LZ4, GLFW3, Enet and IMGUI
> libs. Ideally there should be a linux build with all
> dependencies in releases.

No, I don't think the deps are necessary. That's a bit what's
cool with linux OSes.
What I mean is that there's a compilation error related to dlib:

dub build --build=release
Performing "release" build using dmd for x86_64.
cbor-d 0.5.4: target for configuration "library" is up to date.
derelict-util 2.0.6: target for configuration "library" is up to
date.
derelict-enet 2.0.0: target for configuration "library" is up to
date.
derelict-gl3 1.0.18: target for configuration "library" is up to
date.
derelict-glfw3 2.0.0: target for configuration
"derelict-glfw3-dynamic" is up to date.
dlib ~master: building configuration "library"...
deps/dlib/dlib/filesystem/delegaterange.d(62,18): Error: function
dlib.filesystem.delegaterange.DelegateInputRange!(DirEntry).DelegateInputRange.opApply does not override any function, did you mean to override 'std.range.interfaces.InputRange!(DirEntry).InputRange.opApply'?
deps/dlib/dlib/filesystem/delegaterange.d(75,18): Error: function
dlib.filesystem.delegaterange.DelegateInputRange!(DirEntry).DelegateInputRange.opApply does not override any function, did you mean to override 'std.range.interfaces.InputRange!(DirEntry).InputRange.opApply'?
deps/dlib/dlib/filesystem/dirrange.d(35,7): Error: template
instance
dlib.filesystem.delegaterange.DelegateInputRange!(DirEntry) error
instantiating
dlib.container.aarray is deprecated, use dlib.container.dict
instead
dmd failed with exit code 1.

Just an advice to Mike Parker. If it's possible, next time a
project is highlighted you could try to contact the person before
publishing the post so that people are not disappointed when they
try to build the stuff.