New GDC binaries: 2.068.2, shared library support, multilib support & a new gdmd tool

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Dec 31 07:30:14 PST 2016

On 27 December 2016 at 03:52, Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d-announce
<digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, 25 December 2016 at 19:41:38 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:
>>
>> Happy holidays everybody,
>>
>> I'm happy to finally announce the release of new GDC binaries at
>> https://gdcproject.org/downloads.
>

> Congratulations!
>
>> massive internal changes in GDC in preparation for the DDMD frontend
>

> Sounded very exiting what I heard from Iain recently.

Indeed.  Next focus should be on completing this, and getting aligned
with the stable branch in upstream DMD.  I think the best way to allow
smooth transition would be to align up headers between the last C++
release and current stable, then make sure that the backend is able to
deal with both versions without any special treatment.

In my time offline, there's already been dozens of fixes I've pull in
to align the headers up.  This may end up in the next increasingly
wrong 2.068 release.  Or perhaps just give it the version 2.068.9¾.