Vision for the first semester of 2016

Chris Wright via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 2 21:16:22 PST 2016

On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 16:07:48 +0000, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:

> I'd love it if you could do `import thirdparty.independent;` and it
> magically works too - without even need for a configuration file or an
> install command. And the docs are right there and tutorials are written
> however the author feels like writing them.

That's how Go does it. It's not the case that Go doing things one way
means that you should do the opposite, but it is an indication that you
should look for other examples before following suit.

In the case of dependencies, they should always be versioned. The
language and standard library should be stable enough that you don't have
to specify a version you  depend on -- though that isn't always true. So
are you going to include a version specifier in import statements now?
That would be awkward.