Do D need a popular framework? like ruby's rails? or java 's ssh?

Eugene Wissner via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 8 03:23:06 PST 2016

On Thursday, 4 February 2016 at 15:37:21 UTC, sigod wrote:
> On Tuesday, 19 January 2016 at 13:22:48 UTC, beck wrote:
>> Do D need a popular framework?
>> in china ,a little peopel use dlang.
>> i just  use it do some simple work for myself. yet,i have
>> learn d for a week ..
>> i ask so many friends ,they don't use D at all.we use golang
>> more than dlang.
>
> Oh, I thought I'll see here a suggestion to port some popular
> and useful libraries/frameworks from other languages...
>
> Seriously, it might be an interesting idea.

I want to port some parts of PHP Symfony:
https://github.com/caraus-ecms/caraus

I've just started and it is kind of "learning project", I haven't
written anything in D before. On the other hand I'm writting a
personal project (kind of CMS/Blog) and this Symfony port is the
base for this project. Don't know yet if I'll open source
everything later.