DigitalWhip

artemalive via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 14 09:55:11 PST 2016

On Sunday, 14 February 2016 at 17:43:01 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Sunday, 14 February 2016 at 17:38:54 UTC, artemalive wrote:
>> Hi Adam, I'll check the influence of enabled bounds check on
>> benchmark result. Did not try this before.
>
> If you do, then you should use bounds checks in C++ too. (STL
> container.at(index) )

Thanks, I'll take this into account.

At the moment I don't think bounds checking will be enabled.

I believe that real world usage when you have a render farm is to
have the fastest code possible, because any performance penalty
is too costly. When new rendering algorithm is developed
sometimes we run infinite rendering with all debug/logic check
enabled to find the bugs. There could be even dedicated computer
for this. But for production when thousands of cores do the same
ray processing the fastest code is needed.