DigitalWhip

artemalive via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 14 10:07:00 PST 2016

On Sunday, 14 February 2016 at 17:49:10 UTC, Johan Engelen wrote:
> On Saturday, 13 February 2016 at 19:26:39 UTC, artemalive wrote:
>> On Saturday, 13 February 2016 at 19:19:46 UTC, Johan Engelen
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Could you add the compiler versions to the outputted .txt
>>> file, e.g. `dmd --version`? (the example output files don't
>>> have it)
>>
>> These files are just for demonstration of expected output. The
>> benchmark should work fine with the latest versions of D
>> compilers. No guarantee for older versions;) I tested with dmd
>> v2.069.2.
>
> What I meant to say is that the framework should output the
> compiler version, instead of "READY". At least for the D
> compilers, the performance depends so much on which version is
> used, that the output is unusable without version numbers, I
> feel.

Thanks. Good suggestion. I'll check if the version information
can be retrieved automatically for all compilers. If that's the
case then version information will be added soon. The thing I
don't want to do is to ask user manually to specify compiler
version in config.py, since it's easy to forget to updated it and
also I like to keep config.py as simple as possible.

At the moment DigitalWhip is just for personal usage, the user
knows which compilers are installed. But version information will
help with archiving/sharing results.