DigitalWhip

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 14 11:29:54 PST 2016

On Saturday, 13 February 2016 at 21:10:11 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe
wrote:
> On Saturday, 13 February 2016 at 20:45:41 UTC, David Nadlinger
> wrote:
>> Your scripts had bounds checking enabled for LDC but not the
>> other two D compilers.
>
> I strongly recommend people to always keep bounds checking
> enabled in real world programs because it is so useful in
> keeping programs sane.

I agree - but not for all situations.

Sometimes it's fine to let programs crash, if performance is
important, and the environment is configured to handle that
gracefully, or where there is no risk of data loss, such as video
games.

I think that in the context of a render farm, disabling bounds
checking is completely reasonable. Bugs will manifest as crashes
or rendering artifacts, and there is no risk of code execution
exploits.