GSoC Deadline Friday

Craig Dillabaugh via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 16 05:46:16 PST 2016

The Google Summer of Code deadline is this Friday.

I would like confirmation from the following individuals if they
can mentor GSOC this summer.

Iain Buclaw
Bruno Medeiros
Martin Nowak (and as backup Admin)
Jacob Ovrum

And as backup mentors
   Adam D. Ruppe
   Dmitry Olshansky

I know for some of you (Iain) the offer to mentor was a 'standing
offer' of sorts, but it would still be good to get confirmation.
Also the poster 'Dragos Carp' volunteered as a possible mentor
for the Protocol Buffers/Flatbuffers work ... so could you please
add a short bio to the mentor's page (or post something here):

http://wiki.dlang.org/GSOC_mentors

We have a decent number of ideas, but the page could use some
work.

http://wiki.dlang.org/GSOC_2016_Ideas

In particular if you can add info to the 'Its Good To Know'
sections (such as links to DConf videos), or flesh out some
existing ideas that help is welcome.  I will continue to try and
improve that page.