Google Summer of Code 2016 Only A Few Hours Left

Craig Dillabaugh via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Feb 19 14:22:21 PST 2016

On Friday, 19 February 2016 at 21:10:45 UTC, Dave wrote:
> On Friday, 19 February 2016 at 17:03:57 UTC, Craig Dillabaugh
> wrote:
>> [...]
>
> D is a fantastic efficient and fast replacement of Python which
> even has great plotting and other analysis features as ggplotd!
> To gain traction in numerical and statistical computing it is
> important to provide great optimization, automatic differential
> (AD) (reversed-mode AD (e.g. in mc-stan.org for Bayesian stuff)
> and/or forward-mode as e.g. for R at GSOC-2010 - there is no
> reason for numerical diff these days anymore, and you may
> mess-up your stuff using it!), and Bayesian routines. D is
> laking on these basic features (my personal opinion - correct
> me if I am wrong).
>
> [...]

Well, you can always try updating the ideas page anyways.  Today
was the application deadline, but I don't think there is anything
they can do to stop us from updating a page on our Wiki.  Just
make sure to add yourself to the mentor's page.