Qt's MOC getting replicated in D for Calypso

Chris Wright via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 21 16:31:31 PST 2016

On Sun, 21 Feb 2016 09:21:51 -0800, Brad Roberts via
Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:

> Making it an application that is part of the build
> rather than a plug in to ldc would make it available to both dmd and gdc
> users, no?

And it would sidestep issues where I run dstep on one platform and try to
use the results on another, but some #defines are incorrect for the
second platform.

Of course, that's true for any build-time conversion scheme. Running dstep
as part of a build would be equivalent.

In terms of practicality, I'd sooner turn to CastXML. It's easier to
inspect than clang AST.