SQLite-D alpha is here

Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Feb 27 12:33:47 PST 2016

On Saturday, 27 February 2016 at 17:03:17 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe
wrote:
> On Saturday, 27 February 2016 at 16:54:49 UTC, Suliman wrote:
>> Why?
>
> etc.c is for the C interface. This is not the C interface.
>
> Besides, the original code will surely be ahead of features and
> compatibility for a long time anyway.

The duration of that time depends heavily on the amount of
contributions :)

But the short term goal is not to reinvent SQLite rather to
present a file-format compatible alternative.

The big advantage of sqlite-d is that you can write your logic in
D without having to worry about generating SQL or converting your
data into strings.
However in the long-term I plan to provide SQL support if there
is sufficient demand for it.

Right now I am still experimenting with different approaches to
make sure the API will not compromise performance.

Also I pushed ctfe to the master-branch now. the repo no longer
looks empty.