Hotfix release vibe.d 0.7.28

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 29 05:32:39 PST 2016

Am 29.02.2016 um 11:20 schrieb ZombineDev:

> Hi Sonke,
>
> I'm really interested in your work on a new event loop abstraction. One
> of the big issues for the project I'm working on is that the current
> implementation is not
> @nogc and nothrow (while most of my code that doesn't interact with
> vibe.d is nothrow, @nogc and where possible pure).
> Another thing that I would like to request is support for
> std.experimental.allocator. I need to be able to provide an allocator
> through which all vibe-core allocations should happen.
> Just to clarify, I'm only interested in having a @nogc/nothrow event
> loop, as my project is a rather low-level (it is meant to be used both
> from C and D code) and I won't need the other parts of the framework
> (like web, db, etc.). And I think it's OK to use the GC for
> application-level logic.

Everything is @safe and nothrow as far as possible. The plan is also to
basically have no dynamic memory allocations after the warmup phase.
However, @nogc is still difficult, because still a lot of Phobos and
Druntime are not annotated, and because that would mean that all
callbacks would have to be @nogc, too. Especially the latter can only be
solved by converting the API to take callbacks as an alias template
parameter, but if possible I'd like to keep the possibility of passing
an `interface` around to hide the implementation...