LDC 1.0.0-alpha1 has been released! Please help testing!

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 29 06:28:33 PST 2016

Am 26.02.2016 um 22:14 schrieb Kai Nacke:
> Hi everyone,
>
> LDC 1.0.0-alpha1, the LLVM-based D compiler, is available for download!
> This ALPHA release is based on the 2.069.2 frontend and standard library
> and supports LLVM 3.5-3.8.
>
> The 1.0 release will be a major milestone. Please help testing to make
> it the best release ever!
>
> As usual, you can find links to the changelog and the binary packages
> over at digitalmars.D.ldc:
> http://forum.dlang.org/post/gduhxehudlcssnhtnzah@forum.dlang.org
>
> Regards,
> Kai

Great to hear, didn't expect this to happen so fast! The vibe.d test
suite just passed on Linux/amd64, except for the combined unittest build
with --config=libasync, where LDC got killed (exit code -9):
https://travis-ci.org/rejectedsoftware/vibe.d/jobs/112590595

I guess there is not much to do about that, though other than general
memory use optimization of the frontend.