Using D and std.ndslice as a Numpy Replacement

Ilya via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 3 15:52:14 PST 2016

On Sunday, 3 January 2016 at 23:18:16 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 1/2/16 6:24 PM, Ilya Yaroshenko wrote:
>> On Saturday, 2 January 2016 at 23:23:38 UTC, Ilya Yaroshenko
>> wrote:

>>> I just wanted to write to you that dip80-ndslice was moved to
>>> mir
>>> http://code.dlang.org/packages/mir
>>>
>>>     "dependencies": {
>>>         "dip80-ndslice": "~>0.8.7"
>>>     },
>>>
>>> Ilya
>>
>> EDIT:
>>
>>      "dependencies": {
>>          "mir": "~>0.9.0-beta"
>>      }
>
> What is the relationship between mir and
> std.experimental.ndslice? -- Andrei

1. mir.ndslice is a developer version of std.experimental.ndslice
2. mir can be used with DMD front end >= 2.068, so ndslice can be
used with LDC 0.17.0-alpha. It is important for benchmarks.
3. mir is going to be a testing package for the future std.la
(generic BLAS implementation)

-- Ilya