Writing a scalable chat room service in D

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 4 09:27:44 PST 2016

Am 04.01.2016 um 16:20 schrieb Charles:
> On Monday, 4 January 2016 at 10:19:52 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
>> Finally published the article that I had prepared in autumn last year.
>> It gives an overview of the basic functionality needed to implement a
>> typical web application using vibe.d. The example uses Redis as a data
>> store - using other storage solutions may be a good topic for a
>> follow-up article.
>>
>> https://vibed.org/blog/posts/a-scalable-chat-room-service-in-d
>>
>> Reddit:
>> https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/3ze948/writing_a_scalable_chat_room_service_in_d/
>>

> Wish I knew this was being worked on. I had something similar over at:
> http://wiki.dlang.org/User:Csmith1991/Vibe.d_Documentation/websocket

Oh, that indeed looks painfully similar. In any case, I'll link to it
from the tutorials section. It uses the lower level APIs, so it's still
interesting as an alternative implementation approach.