Better docs for D (WIP)

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 5 00:12:56 PST 2016

On 2016-01-05 01:23, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:

> ddox makes an attempt at inheritance linking, but I'm trying to go
> further. If I'm successful in my dream, it will list overridden methods
> in the docs nicely too. But that's still a ways away.

I suggest showing only links to inherited members, not the docs for
them. I think that the Eclipse Java documentation is pretty good [1],
except for its crappy UI surrounding the docs. It actually looks better
with JavaScript disabled.

Anyway, it shows inherited fields and methods. For classes it shows
known subclasses and for interfaces known implementations.

The Scala docs [2] are pretty good as well. Separates abstract and
concrete methods. Separate sections for the different protection levels
and so on.

[1]
http://help.eclipse.org/luna/topic/org.eclipse.jdt.doc.isv/reference/api/org/eclipse/jdt/core/dom/Expression.html

[2] http://www.scala-lang.org/api/current/#scala.collection.Map