Better docs for D (WIP)

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 5 06:16:50 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 5 January 2016 at 08:12:56 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> I suggest showing only links to inherited members, not the docs
> for them.

What I want to show is the links plus just the first excerpt of
the docs, so you have an idea what it is aside from the name
without taking up a lot of space.

My thing doesn't quite cut out the excerpt right yet though
(really because so many of the Phobos docs don't follow a sane
convention... I need to go back and rewrite a few of the
summaries myself.)

> Anyway, it shows inherited fields and methods. For classes it
> shows known subclasses and for interfaces known implementations.

Yeah, "known" is good because then it demos that there can be
more. I like that.

> The Scala docs [2] are pretty good as well. Separates abstract
> and concrete methods. Separate sections for the different
> protection levels and so on.

Interesting. Separating abstract is definitely a good idea since
you kinda need to know that to implement.

There's so much potential for class docs! Pity Phobos doesn't use
them much though :(