Better docs for D (WIP)

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 5 21:58:05 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 5 January 2016 at 14:18:32 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Regarding PRs that are not looked at, we currently have 18 PRs
> at https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pulls,
> and 16 folks who have the rights to pull them
> (https://github.com/orgs/D-Programming-Language/teams/team-dlang-org). I'll take a look at them after this (some look really trivial); it's a bummer they aren't looked at more regularly.

I'm usually subscribed to the dlang.org GitHub repo and merge PRs
or work with PR contributors into getting their PR into
merge-able state. However, I'm currently abroad so not very
responsive. PRs which affect the language specification are
labeled as such and need to be reviewed/merged by someone more
familiar with the subject, though.

I'll throw another idea into the discussion based on the potatoes
from my side of the table. Digger can already build the website
documentation with one command, albeit only on Posix. How would
it sound to expand that to Windows, and to make it easier to
contribute to D via Digger without having to touch Git (e.g.
using a new "digger pull-request" command)? This would only make
sense if Digger was promoted as a primary means of building D,
rather than one of the alternatives / last-resorts as it is
currently.