Better docs for D (WIP)

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 6 12:01:03 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 6 January 2016 at 15:41:29 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> I know projects get bugs open when they are used, but ddox is a
> one-person project and that one person doesn't seem terribly
> active in it.

I'm another user of ddox and fix things when they annoy me.
I don't have many problems with it though.
It you'd joined we'd already be 3.

> https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/ddox/graphs/contributors

The main reasons why work has stalled is that the future of
dpl-docs is unclear. Instead of fixing the remaining issues w/
ddox people have spend a huge amount of time to improve ddoc
output, so b/c of this weird course Söhnke stopped working on
dpl-docs for now.
The other reason is that the existing tool already does most
things you want from a documentation system. The styling sucked
so I wrote scod, but most of the remaining issues are minor
problems that will eventually be addressed. And even if you don't
agree w/ some aspect of it, working on a common documentation
engine/library makes more sense than having everyone write it's
own, in particular if you're arguing about limited time.