Better docs for D (WIP)

Sebastiaan Koppe via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 7 01:59:50 PST 2016

On Thursday, 7 January 2016 at 07:14:01 UTC, Rory McGuire wrote:
> I wonder; would it be possible to make the website inline
> editable and then it automatically creates github pull requests
> that update the docs in github as D comments?

That is a cool idea.

The hard part is backtracking elements in the html so you know
what line of code generated that markup. You could infer it from
surrounding elements but that will be hairy and brittle. Better
to have ddoc emit file and line numbers in the html (as comments
or ids or data-attributes, etc.).

Also you would need to know on what commit to base the changes on.