Better docs for D (WIP)

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 7 06:53:31 PST 2016

On Thursday, 7 January 2016 at 06:30:28 UTC, Rory McGuire wrote:
> If not a tagging system then at least adding synonyms would be
> great.

dpldocs.info actually had this in its first version, way back in
2010, because so many people would ask me these kinds of things.

In the first draft, I did it as a separate database. In the new
one, I will add a "Tags:" section to my ddoc parser that will
figure them all out. The search engine will use it definitely,
and perhaps the See Also referencer too, though I'm not sure
about how that'd look. I need to flesh things out a bit more.

I'm also thinking about adding a "category" thing too but
submodules or aggregates in the source code are usually better
there, so I'll probably stop at tags.

In the ddoc source code, the section would look like:

/++
     Some explanation

     See_Also:
         * $(REF indexOf)
         * $(REF findSplit)
     Tags: contains, in
+/
.... canFind()...

That is, the tags is just a comma-separated list of keywords in
the source.