Better docs for D (WIP)

lobo via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 7 15:35:13 PST 2016

On Thursday, 7 January 2016 at 14:05:27 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> On 1/7/16 8:38 AM, anonymous wrote:
>> On 07.01.2016 14:31, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>> Here's a simple idea we can implement rather quickly. Say a
>>> user is
>>> browsing https://dlang.org/builtin.html and find a typo. They
>>> press a
>>> button labeled "Fix typo". That opens
>>> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/edit/master/builtin.dd.
>>>
>>> From there people can edit the source file to fix the typo
>>> and create a
>>> PR, all without leaving the browser or building the
>>> documentation.
>>
>> We have this already. Top right corner, "Improve this page".
>> People are
>> using the feature occasionally.
>
> Yes, in fact, core developers use this too.
>
> It's actually quite a bit more convenient than doing stuff
> locally.
>
> -Steve

I'm a D user and forum lurker, not a contributor. I have used
this feature several times in the past and it was seamless and
easy each time. For small typos/one-liners it takes <5 minutes to
edit changes and submit the PR.

Cheers,
lobo