Flipboard collection of D articles

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 10 07:33:29 PST 2016

On Sunday, 10 January 2016 at 10:48:39 UTC, florin wrote:
> On Saturday, 9 January 2016 at 16:23:05 UTC, jamonahn wrote:
>> On Friday, 8 January 2016 at 08:43:52 UTC, florin wrote:
>>> However as I'm programming less and less in D lately
>>> /@sunre/d-programming-language-e87f94iky
>>>
>>> Florin
>>
>> May I ask why / what language you are now using?  I just
>> recently became a big fan of D, and just watched your 2014
>> talk.  Is the network messaging framework still in use /
>> maintenance?  Just getting to your github now.
>
> Hi, I guess you got me confused :) While I did wish I'd at
> least attend a Dconf, I've never given a talk on D.
>
> Most of my work is related to machine learning where there's no
> getting around C/C++ for CUDA and BLAS stuff. Also efficiency
> trumps pretty much everything in this field. However I am still
> very fond of D, it's the language that introduced me to generic
> programming.

Hi Florin.

What do you make of Ilya's proposal on BLAS?  What would you need
to be able to use D there ?  Or is it tricky as you are working
with other libraries on top of that ?

There are people here with private CUDA libraries that may be
open sourced in time.  (I understand that in the meantime one
needs to get stuff done).

Laeeth