Damage Control: An homage to Rampart (Alpha)

burjui via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 11 02:18:12 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 6 January 2016 at 02:39:08 UTC, rcorre wrote:
> I'll have to look into that. If you're saying D does that by
> default for debug builds -- the alpha release _is_ a debug build
Sorry, it was a bit unclear. I meant that:
- A console window is only meaningful in debug builds, so it
should be disabled in release builds.
- Debug binaries should not be published, as they are meant for
development only. They execute contracts, unittests and code in
"debug" statements, which slow down the app and are useless for
an end-user.

DMD makes a console application by default, no matter what build
profile is used.
Here's a relevant thread:
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/learn/Hide_console_of_gui_program_coded_by_gtkD_41799.html

It's suggested there to use "-L/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS" switch in DMD
command line when linking under Windows.