Beta D 2.070.0-b1

ponce via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 11 08:24:56 PST 2016

On Sunday, 10 January 2016 at 23:58:38 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
> In case you don't already use Travis-CI or something similar,
> you should start doing so. Testing the latest beta in Travis-CI
> is as simple as adding dmd-2.070.0-b1 to your .travis.yml [³]
> (and we'll soon make it even easier adding support for dmd-beta
> and dmd-nightly).

I fear there are more regressions that people can test for.

Currently we can't "dub test" release builds trough DUB.

If you do:

     dub test mypackage

it builds with flags -g -unittest -w -debug. (like a -b debug
build + the -unittest flag)

But if you do:

     dub test mypackage -b release

it builds with flags -release -inline -O -w BUT NOT -unittest

Currently we can only "dub test" debug builds without anything
dangerous.

Since a number of regressions are in the backend, that could be
useful if DUB would let us test release builds in Travis-CI.