Official Announcement: 'Learning D' is Released

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 12 12:32:57 PST 2016

On Sunday, 27 December 2015 at 17:21:24 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:

> Thanks guys! That kind of feedback is a good Christmas present
> :)

I'm working through the book now. I'm liking it.

I'm on Chapter 9, which has the Connecting D with C material. At
the beginning of the chapter you define some terms: dynamic vs.
static linking, dynamic/static libraries, and dynamic/static
binding. I think the way you explain these terms assumes that
someone already has quite a bit of computing knowledge. I googled
the dynamic/static library stuff and there are some simpler
explanations online that I can understand. There's less material
out there on dynamic/static bindings, the way you're talking
about it. I think I get what you're saying about static bindings,
but I'm not sure when you would want to use dynamic bindings.