New D tool releases

Brad Anderson via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 14 19:21:10 PST 2016

On Thursday, 14 January 2016 at 15:18:09 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 01/14/2016 04:05 AM, Brian Schott wrote:
>> Please see the Github links for a list of changes and issues
>> resolved.
>>
>> You may notice that they're all in Dub now. The real Brian is
>> in
>> cryo-stasis in case we need him later. In order to not arouse
>> too much
>> suspicion about shape-shifters these projects can still be
>> built with
>> git and make.
>
> Congrats! Could you please let the real Brian know we're
> waiting for a solution to include all of these tools in our
> official tools/ repo. Thanks! -- Andrei

I'm not sure it makes sense to stick them all in one repo. Under
D-Programming-Language might be nice to give them stamp of
officiality.

Once we include dub getting them all is pretty trivial (e.g., dub
fetch dfmt). The execution syntax is a little awkward though
(i.e. dub run dfmt -- --help).