Logo for D

anonymous via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 16 10:15:06 PST 2016

On 16.01.2016 18:55, karabuta wrote:
> How do you see it?
>
> http://amazingws.0fees.us/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/dlang2.png
>
> Many variants are on the way.

Do you intend to propose this for the official logo?

If so, be aware that the logo is a delicate matter. There have been
various proposals to change it from the current one, and all have been
rejected. It's Walter himself who is rather strictly against any changes.

I have been pushing for this variant:

https://gist.github.com/aG0aep6G/0803ec5ae49f6afb0196

You see it's very, very similar to the current one. To the point that
you could say it's really the same logo. Yet, it was the one part of the
red-top-bar redesign that didn't fly with the powers that be. I haven't
given up yet, though.

By the way, I'm not sure if this is announcement material. If you're
looking for feedback, I think the General group would have been a better
fit.