DStep 0.2.1

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 17 03:16:50 PST 2016

On Sunday, 17 January 2016 at 04:05:31 UTC, anon wrote:

> So I download the pre-build binary. And now I get:
>
> dmd failed with exit code 1.
> anon at gwave ~/g/dstep> ~/Downloads/dstep
> dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libclang.dylib
>   Referenced from: /Users/anon/Downloads/dstep
>   Reason: image not found
>
> I've got clang installed:
>
> anon at gwave ~/g/dstep> clang -v
> Apple LLVM version 7.0.2 (clang-700.1.81)
> Target: x86_64-apple-darwin15.2.0
> Thread model: posix
>
> And the path to the lib appended to $PATH environment variable
> (do sure how to pass this to dub):
>
> anon at gwave ~/g/dstep> mdfind -name libclang
> /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/lib/libclang.dylib
>
> anon at gwave ~/g/dstep> echo $PATH
> /usr/local/bin /usr/bin /bin /usr/sbin /sbin
> /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/lib/

libclang.dylib needs to either be in the same directory as DStep
or in any of standard library search paths. $PATH is not searched
in for libraries. I think the environment variable you're looking
for is $DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH. The standard search paths for
libraries are /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib.

--
/Jacob Carlborg