LDC 0.17.0-beta1 has been released!

Dan Olson via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 18 09:18:15 PST 2016

Manu via Digitalmars-d-announce <digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> writes:

> Love your work guys! Thanks for keeping at it.
>
> One question though, what's the plan for moving to DMD latest? Both
> LDC and GDC seem to be quite behind at the moment.
> My current project is depending on bug-fixes patched in by Walter in
> the last few days, so I'm stuck with DMD for the moment.

Process of merging 2.069 with D frontend into LDC has been started by
Johan.

I imagine LDC will always be a 1 or 2 releases behind DMD with current
number of contributers.  I notice much work goes into supporting other
targets, platforms besides what DMD supports.  With more help, it could
be kept up to a release behind.  David and Kai make LDC an easy, fun
project to contribute to.

For your specific patch, sometimes LDC will cherry-pick important
commits.
--
Dan