Walter on his experience as a dev, on running an open source project and D

epsilomish via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 20 18:24:14 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 20 January 2016 at 21:38:55 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> On 1/20/2016 12:41 PM, epsilomish wrote:
>> Actually, the 'alias this' is probably not that much a
>> problem. In their shoes I
>> would even ask myself: mmh what is this obscure feature, let's
>> have a deeper
>> look to D...Anyway the technical part of the talk is small,
>> there is the thing
>> about lexical D t_h_i_n_g_s, the octal template and
>> half-floats...It globally
>> works.
>
> I wanted a mix of trivial and advanced stuff, so there was
> something for everyone.

That's well reflected, despite of my first comment.

One thing I'd like to say in reaction the first part: noise and
fan.
Personally I can't live without noise anymore. I used to be
obsessional about silence but now I think it's very relaxing to
have a fan turning again and again, by fan I mean:

http://www.cinni.com.au/images/pedestalFans.jpg

They produce a LF vibe which is very relaxing. For example now,
here, where I live:

https://www.google.fr/maps/@48.5591464,7.7793422,9z?hl=fr

It's 21.2 F° outside, but I still have the good vibes from the
low frequency generator in my computer room. a steady purr.