Vision for the first semester of 2016

Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 24 21:53:25 PST 2016

On Monday, 25 January 2016 at 02:37:40 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Hot off the press! http://wiki.dlang.org/Vision/2016H1 -- Andrei

My biggest issue with these documents is that they have good
ideas but rarely have plans to achieve them. As a consequence,
most of these documents say how half or more of the previous
goals were not achieved.

I believe the best way to fix this is to simply have more focus.
Have one large goal that can be broken down into smaller subsets,
e.g. "2016 will be the year of a GC free Phobos". Something that
has a very clear way of quantifying its success and a clear path
to that goal.

Not that that the other things are not important, but if you
constantly find yourself failing to meet your goals, the only
rational option is to become more realistic in your plans.