Vision for the first semester of 2016

Robert M. Münch via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 25 01:01:49 PST 2016

On 2016-01-25 07:03:35 +0000, Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-announce said:

> Phobos the library needs to go to be replaced by a library search and
> use system. Oh we already have one, Dub.
>
> The strategy should be "get rid of anything in Phobos that can be put
> out as a separate library".

I see it exactly the other way: I want phobos to provide 90% of
everything I need out-of-the-box. The linker will only bring in stuff I
use and the rest is left out. So, what's the problem?

I just don't want to walk around until I find out, which parts
(external libs) fit together just to cover the common 90%. That's
wasting time.

Make it as simple as possible to get things done. Install, code,
compile, deliver. That's it. One EXE, done.

--
Robert M. Münch
http://www.saphirion.com