Vision for the first semester of 2016

Andrew Edwards via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 25 05:22:06 PST 2016

On Monday, 25 January 2016 at 10:53:29 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2016-01-25 07:39, Andrew Edwards wrote:
>
>> I truly doubt that. It would be truly amazing if that were to
>> occur but
>> history has proven otherwise. The sentiment was expressed so
>> many times
>> that Walter was finally moved to sanction DWT as the official
>> GUI for D
>> in 2006. Even a newsgroup was made for it. It's ten years
>> later. DWT
>> anyone?
>
> DWT is still working perfectly fine. Just compiled it recently
> with the latest beta, 2.070.

Glad to see your spirit is not easily broken. That, however, does
not invalidate my statement.  One would think that 10 years after
being dubbed the official graphics library for the language, it
would be simple to install DMD and DWT side by side on all DMD
supported platforms and the two just work well together.
Especially since people that advocated it claimed that by making
it official, it would legitimize their contributions to help
improve make improvements. It is not even usable on what appears
to be the platform you develop on/for, MAC OS X, and you are the
main maintainer/contributer.